Sunday, September 28, 2014

Beach Brawl

Event 1 Friday-
300ish meter ocean swim
(400ish m beach run)
150 Cal Air Bike
1 mile ish Beach Run
38:something - 30th place

Waves were tough in ocean but swim is what it is, not terrible but breathing was higher and legs were more fatigued than normal 10 min swim.
Air Bike, just couldn't get up to speed early on like practiced but didn't drop off much. 14:30
Run was awful, really soft sand.  Stopped and walked a good bit b/c of calves.

Event 2
Hang Snatch- 235, felt solid missed 245 once and ran out of time.
Clean- 295, felt bad.  255, 275, 295, 305 crushed.  Felt weak in the squat which is not usually the case. Frustrating b/c squat should be the easy part.  Finished 18th i think on this.

Event 3
Muscle Ups- All Unbroken except snatches.  Breathing was the limiter and where people beat me was transitions and snatches obviously. Finished 8th on this one

Event 4
Chipper
Breathing was definite limiter but I came in second in my heat and the guy that beat me got way ahead on the toes to bar.  Don't know what's going on here or what I need to do but hip flexors HAVE to get stronger.  I did 10 then 5's and I wouldn't say it was easy.  Wall ball I did 32, 10, 8.
Shoulder to OH- 15, 10, 5 it actually felt great I just took 2 breaks to keep breathing somewhat under control
Dead Lifts- 5, 5, 6, 1, 1, 1, 1- breathing was limiter here not the actual movement honestly.
Burpee BJO were not slow- I was literally wheezing after 2 reps but I finished strong since it was just 10 but it hurt REALLY bad and was hugging my box for probably 5 min after.
Took 21st place I think

Floaters
Bench Press- 26 reps, 5th place
Broad Jump- 8'7", 31st place

Overall feel decent about the weekend.  If you take out the triathlon and broad jump it looks a lot better.  Still have a good bit of room to go but there were 10 regional athletes here.  I think the triathlon training and doing it gave me a better idea of where my aerobic work needs to be as far as pacing.  Now I know better where I need to hold pace on intervals or steady work in training.

Still, as we've known, for the most part, the movements are not the limiter but breathing during really high efforts.  The triathlon surprisingly was the one that felt like breathing wasn't the limiter.

That being said, I think I need to at least have 1 day of squatting in just to be more confident in the clean position.  I should be well over 300 but now on any given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment