Tuesday, October 16, 2012

OPTathlon

Event 1
1RM Clean & Jerk
285- PR, I've hit 285 clean alone and jerk alone but never together so, pleased with this

Event 2
Standing Triple Jump
22'9" short, not a good jumper

Event 3
500m Row; rest 90 sec in straps; 500m row
1:36/1:41- not very good.  I have not been training Lactate Endurance very much AT ALL in the last 6 months so this really took a lot out of me.

Event 4
8 min AMRAP
8 Thrusters, 115#
8 CTB Pull Ups
8 Burpees over Bar
5 rounds even.  Wanted closer to 6.  See the above comments, I think that played a part.  Would like to redo this and get 6+

Event 5
Granny Toss for distance w/ 16lb ball
31"- is what it is, need to work on hip extension

Event 6
3k Run
15:26- awful.  Cramped up after like 2 & 1/2 laps and it was a miserable finish.  Really frustrating b/c I really wanted to get a good test for this b/c I know it's a weakness.

Time to reevaluate, go to the drawing board and look at training, goals, program design, etc.  Almost time to start really getting ready for the CF season.  

I've decided to stop getting coaching from Mike FitzGerald, he is a tremendous coach and I have learned a ton from him working with me over the last year and made great gain's.  I would recommend him to anyone.  I'm going to take a couple weeks/month off and do my own work to experiment a bit and then get with a new coach.  Mainly for learning purposes as I want to continue to grow as a coach.

Takes from this weekend.  Never let too much ride on competition, it does NOT define me and I will continue to improve.  Onward to the next event!

No comments:

Post a Comment