Monday, April 30, 2012

Regionals update and thanks

CrossFit regionals quick update Update on the wods and thank you's. 1) Diane- I had confidence going in and I was pleased coming out. 2:35 all unbroken. Now I just need to speed up the deads. 2) paced row perfectly. 2:00/500m, unbroken pistols pretty quickly. Hang clean was heavy! My pattern was... 3-2-3-2-3-2-2-2-2-1-1-1-1 for 25 total. Disappointed here, I definitely thought I'd finish but couldn't get back to the bar quick enough. Breathing, not an issue. 3)dumbbell snatch actually felt decent. This one was weird. Pleased with my effort till I saw my time and even more frustrated when I saw my placing. Not really sure why I was so slow (8:22). I had no failed reps so I think looking back I was only limited by my fear of reaching failure. Breathing was high but not the limiter, low back was tight but not the limiter. I had no long breaks here just to slow between every rep. 4) long squats pull ups push press- felt like i paced it good. This wod, in the past, would be a huge weakness bc of the time domain. Again I really though I would finish but I was 23 push press short. Front squats were the worst (15-10-10-10-5) and the last set of pull ups had to go into 5's but everything else felt solid. Never was REALLY hurting till last 2-3 minutes. 5) snatch ladder. 215. Really wanted 225 and pulled it high enough but couldn't lock out. 220 is my pr so that's what I expected. 6) chipper. Dead lift felt ok, I knew they'd be heavy. Toes to bar were slow. Again, thought I would finish amd though I would do well in placing on this but did not. Only 9 burpees complete. Frustrated here. I paced to much early, I don't think the dead/mu affected the wall ball/t2b as I thought. I finished with quick farmers walk and basically 40 second sprint to get 9 burpees. Had too much left in the tank to be at this point in the weekend. Taught me a lot! I'm please with the weekend bc I think it was much more competitive than last year and the wods weren't quite as good for me and I finished about the same. My engine is much better than it used to be but still needs a lot of improving and I need to learn to go to "that place" more in the longer wods. Things to work on for 2013 Dead lift strength CP battery- handling heavy weight for repetitions. Aerobic power/mental toughness- pushing harder in long wods early, and hanging on! Hungry for next year! Thanks for 27:17 family cheering me on from home. Thanks to Michelle Robinson, Michelle Byers, Marty Bell, Kelly and Bill McBride for making the trek out here to support, it means more than you know. Thanks for the coaches and clients back home allowing me to get away to this competition. Thanks to my mom and dad who are always there supporting me through everything, I love you. Thanks to Coach Michael Fitzgerald for coaching me and getting me where I am. I would not have finished 16th without the coaching and excited to see where it takes us. Big thanks to me wife Reagan, she's my biggest motivation here! I love her and she supports me way more than I deserve. It makes it easy knowing I always have a fan as big as her! Mostly, thanks to God who gave me this healthy and willing body and mind to train and compete in this. I pray more glory is brought to His name through anything and everything I do with CF and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment