Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2/7/12

Testing @ OPT Camp in Scottsdale, AZ

Today was day 1 of 2 of the OPT Athlete Camp. Great learning day and testing day. We learned about different limiters of fatigue for different athletes and what to do with those as far as our training leading up to competition goes. More on this later.

Testing Day 1
P1
8 min to Find 1RM Power Clean
286 PR big time! We were using kilo's so I didn't really know what I was lifting until after. Previous Power Clean PR is 265. The only time I've done 285 is at Regionals 2 years ago and that was squat clean.
Rest 2 min
8 min @ 90% of 1RM max reps Power Clean
Used 256. Got 15 reps. 2 ways to look at this. It's not that many reps so it's kinda disappointing BUT I'm looking at it pleased b/c if you had told me going into today I would do 15 reps w/ 256 I wouldn't believe you b/c like I said that 10lbs under my previous PR. So again walked away pleased.

P2
For time
Row 250m
15 KBS, 70#
25 Burpees
15 KBS, 70#
Row 250m
3:47. Pleased with time. Actually pleased with how I felt too, felt really strong all the way till the last Row then it hurt really bad. The longest lactate session I've trained in the past month is 90 seconds so I was nervous going into this one. After 15 burpees, breathing and muscles still felt pretty good so I tried to pick it up on the last 10 burpees, moved through the KBS relatively easy and like I said the row hurt bad.

Great day and lots of fun, more pain to come tomorrow. Much more! Unfortunately/fortunately we already know the workouts. You'll see tomorrow but they are going to hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment